Monday, December 19, 2011

Trying to be 20

Organic chicken thighs with cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt, pepper, & a smidgen of olive oil over a bed of organic pesto zucchini pasta. A-MAZ-ING!!!!! :) 
Throw on a dress & go run your errands in style. Call up a friend & go downtown to D.C. on a Friday night. Think about a cute boy all day. Get dolled up before going to the grocery store to impress the meat guy. Go to bed at night exhausted from too much laughter. Eat copious amounts of food like it's nobody's business. Be carefree. Live like a 20 year-old. My newest goal. 


A few weeks ago, something clicked in my brain. I realized that I'll only be 20 once. Was I going to let my health get in the way? Absolutely not! And with that, I was off. Off to live like a 20 year-old. :)


To continue on with the positivity, I most recently celebrated my 8 months on the diet. Can you believe it?! YES!!! This past Thursday, as a treat for sticking to the diet, I baked a whole chicken in the oven & ate all the dark meat. By far the most delicious food a girl could ask for. It also doubled as my reward for finishing school! I completed my last final exam Thursday morning. It's amazing what you can do when you've got your health back on track. As if these two major milestones weren't enough, I also had a JOB INTERVIEW on Thursday afternoon!!!!! :D 8 months on the diet, my last final, AND a job interview all in one day: UNREAL!!! I was on cloud 9 from beginning to end. And would you like to hear the best part? I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!! I'm a working girl now! The transformation is officially complete. I go to school, I eat like a regular human being, & I have a part-time job. It's the first time in many years that I feel like the rest of the crowd. Un-be-lievable. I'm speechless. 


To further illustrate how far I've come over these past 8 months, I have two videos; one from 15 days into the diet, one from last Thursday 8 months into the diet. The difference in energy level is shocking! (just as a head's up, I recorded the second video last Thursday/the BUSIEST day I've had in FOREVER so pardon the exhausted appearance; I just wanted to be honest about how I'm feeling! ;)) Although, not a day goes by that I don't take a moment to appreciate having stumbled upon the SCD diet. Phew! I can feel the tears coming to my eyes. Anywho, I'm afraid to admit it's time for me to catch some zzz's. Tomorrow is my first day at work & I seem to be battling a wicked cold so getting loads of sleep might be the cure if I cross my fingers!!!! :) Hugs to you & hopes of sweet dreams. <3 






p.s. did I mention I had a severe allergic reaction to the drug test swab for my new job? YEAH. Is that absurd or what?! Gluten in my system... No wonder I got sick!!!! :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment