Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School House Rock

Well, I did it!!! 


I made the jump. I hopped the fence. I cleared the wall. I passed the ultimate test. I WENT BACK TO SCHOOL TODAY!!!!! :) A constant flow of excitement was running through me from the moment I stepped onto campus to the second I leaped into my car at the end of the day. Hesitation didn't dare sweep over me today. I felt empowered to do the impossible. I was going back to school as the REAL me this time around: headstrong, dedicated, confident, healthy, well, proud, & enthusiastic about getting an education. My illnesses & struggles were invisible to the naked eye. I accepted every smile with pleasure. I even took it upon myself to sit in the front row of both my classes. Attending class today was my first test to see if the new & improved "me" was truly courageous enough to shine through. To wrap it up simply, it was a success. :) I can sit here & tell you with the utmost level of confidence that I will blossom this semester. There is no doubt in my mind!! I'm eager to learn & gain some general knowledge in the psychology & art appreciation fields. My brain is now being fed the proper nutrients it needs to keep me afloat these next couple of months! Thank you, SCD!!!! 


I must also tell you I brought my own lunch!! :) A juicy grass-fed hamburger, a hefty cauliflower floret, a chunk of cheddar cheese, & a dainty container of yellow mustard for dipping. Absolutely, positively, 100% DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! I took a seat on a solitary bench outside of the Humanities & Social Sciences building & dove right into my homemade meal. Awkward? Nope, not at all. I'm way past the "oh, don't mind me. I'm allergic to the SAD (Standard American Diet) so I bring my own healthy GMO-free, grass-fed, artificial flavor-free, SCD scrumptious food" stage. :D The eating begins naturally like it would for anyone else with their contaminated, super processed, artificially-colored 'food' (if that's still what you want to call it). I love every minute of it!! 


Okay, as much as I'd like to continue this post, I have to admit I'm dying to crack open my psych textbook. I had such a wonderful time with that class today that I want to start learning the material as soon as possible!! :) To end on a different note, I've decided to leave an inspirational quote for you all to take in & allow to float around in your heart & soul. This is one of my favorites, I think you'll enjoy it as well. Take care, foodies!!! I'll be talking with you all sometime very soon. <3 GO COOK SOMETHING!!!!!!! 
~Allie 


You control your destiny. Look into your heart, search your dreams, and be honest about what you really want; then do whatever it takes to get it. Live like you mean it. - Barbara Cage     

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing and inspirational post, Allie! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Maria!!! :) <3
    ~Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALLIE, YOU ARE AMZING.
    You have such a great personality, and a marvelous talent for writing. For the past couple years I’ve had this lack of motivation in school and this summer I have decide to really try and make the best out of every opportunity I’m given in life, and reading this really gave me hope and inspiration, so I really want to thank you for posting this. I wish you the best of luck in school, though I don’t think you’ll need it. oh and great quote by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kory, thank you so very much!!!! :) Your comment really touched my heart. I put lots of love & energy into this blog & am always hoping my emotions are delivered to my audience. Seeing this post confirms that to be true & I couldn't be happier!! It is an honor to have inspired you to give school a chance. I'm right there with you! Thanks for the luck! I'll keep it close! I wish the same for you. And thank you! I love it as well!! :) -Allie-

    ReplyDelete