Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 ends on a lovely note

My plan was to post AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE throughout the month of December. 
A post every couple of days maybe.
I wanted to get as many hits as I could before the new year started.
I was hoping to maybe get another follower, too, if possible.
Well, 
THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN
and I couldn't be happier about it.
 
Life had a surprise in store for me. 
A very special gift.
No, it wasn't wrapped up like a present under the Christmas tree.
No, I didn't find it in my stocking.
No, it's not something that can be bought.
No, it doesn't have a price.
I'm talking about something better.
Something DIFFERENT.
I'm talking about something invisible to the naked eye.
I'm talking about something you can't see from outer space.
I'm talking about something you can't measure.
I'm talking about something you can't explain.
I'm talking about LOVE.
The best medicine out there. 
The magic behind my smile.
The motivation I need to follow through with Lyme treatment/annoying alarms for pills every few hours.
The distraction I need from the curveballs my body throws at me.
The one thing I was missing.
I didn't know LOVE could be so healing.
I didn't know love was the missing link in my treatment plan.
I didn't know love would be the voice in my head, telling me to eat chicken instead of potato chips or cheese or bread or sugar. 
Am I READY for love?
Of course I am.
I don't want to over-think this.
I don't want to do what I do best; run away from affection.
I want to prove myself wrong.
I want to show myself there's nothing wrong with being afraid of love but that if love knocks on your door, run to the door as fast as you can & embrace that love with OPEN ARMS!
Don't run away from happiness, you goof!!!!! 
Don't be scared you aren't good enough.
Don't be scared your body will destroy the magic.
Just breathe & be YOURSELF, food issues/twitches/tummy aches/sore joints/sweating/dates interrupted/tiredness included.  
You are allowed to be HAPPY, no matter what foods are/are not on your dinner plate.  
Now that we've discussed the importance of love, 
get out there & SEIZE the day!!!!! 
The very last day of 2013! 
What to do, what to do.....
Cook some soup?
Make some zucchini pasta?
Do some yoga?
Read a book?
Watch a movie?
Blog?
Wear your fuzzy bathrobe around the house?
Sing in the shower?
Wear your favorite compression socks?
Get lost in the Twilight Zone?
Take a salt bath?
Smile a million times?
Make SCD goodies?
Go shopping for a New Years Eve outfit?
I'm sure you'll think of something.
;) 
Lots & lots of love, 
Allie
PS Seriously though; what are your plans? Anything special?

No comments:

Post a Comment