Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another milestone on the SCD!!!!! :D

7 MONTHS ON THE SCD TODAY!!! :D YAY! I cannot express my happiness for this life-changing diet enough. It's been nothing short of a miracle (no, seriously). 


Today was an especially  phenomenal day though. Not only am I feeling a thousand times better but I'm also back in school & doing well. I had two tests today & I'm confident that I aced them both!! My brain is BACK! I have proven to myself that I can go to school & be healthy at the same time. This is a feeling of accomplishment I never thought I'd experience again. I'm the student with the psychotic amount of study material & no life outside of her textbooks; I'm perfectly okay with that! I'm the student who gets the recommended hours of sleep the night before the test because she's not panicking & cramming at the last minute like she did before when very ill; definitely not going to reject that new groove. I'm the test-taker who walks out of the classroom full of contentment & doesn't look back; what a treat! I've never been that person before & so far, I have thoroughly enjoyed very minute of it. 


I also met with a darling counselor today & signed up for three classes next semester. Will I end up taking all three? I'm not entirely sure yet. If within the first week I find that my load is too heavy & I'm not ready to do the SCD with three college classes, I'll drop one. I've allowed myself to have that wiggle room but still push myself to see if I can pull through. I've got my fingers crossed!! :) 


There's still some tweaking to be done to the diet as well. Right now I'm experimenting by removing dairy from my food repertoire to test my theory of a casein issue. I'll have a clear answer by this weekend once all the dairy has left my system. The best part about this is that if it actually ends up being an issue with casein, then I can probably reintroduce some fruits back into my diet! Banana pancakes: YAY! Pear sauce: even BETTER! :) I'm eager to see results. Look out for a verdict within the next two weeks. 


So my dear friends, readers, fellow bloggers, family, & other SCDers, I thank you for helping me succeed on this life-changing diet. You have shown me that anything is possible if you trust your heart & follow your gut. Cheers to you all. :) Well, I'm off to plop onto my comfy couch in the basement that sits next to a little warm "fire place" & throw a movie in the DVD player to relax & enjoy the moment. I have several recipes to post within the next day or two so stay hungry! 


xoxox, Allie
p.s. check out these photos. WHOA! That's all there is to say.  


Me at senior prom BEFORE I got extremely ill, crashed, & burned. Thin but practically starving myself: weight is about 124.
Right in the THICK of it away at school freshman year. Absolute nastiness. Puffy, bloated, tight, miserable, felt ugly, in pain, sicker than I'd like to think. :( Heavy but exercising a ton & still eating very little. 
On the greener side of life. 7 months into the diet, 22 lbs. lighter bringing me back to my original weight (122), feelin' pretty, loving feeling healthy, exercising mildly, & best of all, EATING MY HEART OUT! :) Rockin' a new do, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment