Saturday, February 9, 2013

♪ "Getting to know you" ♪

Hi!!!! 

For those of you who don't already know, my name is Alexandra Brown, but you can call me Allie. I'm almost 21.5 years old & I dream of becoming a national/state park ranger. I have an especially irregular body. My digestion is out of whack, my joints are like those of an old lady, I tolerate few foods/beverages, I prefer to stay inside my comfort zone, & my body takes on water like a sponge. Yep, that's me. Does it put a slight damper on my social life? A little bit. Has it made it difficult to succeed in school? Yes. Does it affect my job? Absolutely. Is it all that I am? NO. Is the SCD something I truly believe in? Mhmm. Is it hard? YEAH! Am I human and make mistakes? You bet. Will I quit no matter how many times I fall? NEVER. There is always an opportunity to improve. If I have to fall a billion times first, fine. Let me crash. But you better believe that I'll pick myself right back up & fight hard not to fall. Why? Because I want it. And you've got it want it to get it. Wanting it is half the battle. The rest will come on its own. I'm in a rough place right now but I know I can rise above it. If this resonates with anyone else here on the page, I'm listening. I'm by your side, ready to pick you up when you fall. I won't give up on you. I know you can make it. And for goodness sake, I hope you're having a fabulous weekend. ;) 

Hugs. <3 -Allie-
I thought this gorgeous view might make you smile :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment