Sunday, September 25, 2011

My idea of the Food Pyramid

Cream of Broccoli Soup (homemade chicken broth, steamed broccoli, & farmer's cheese blended. VOILA!)

Scrambled eggs cooked to perfection, if I do say so myself. :) YUM!  

Compliments of BTVC (Breaking the Vicious Cycle) lemon cheesecake. PERFECTO!  


Looking at these photos is making my stomach rumble. I would give anything just to CHEW right now. Today my food palette has been restricted to clear liquids only aka homemade chicken soup broth. Why would I go without, you ask? Colonoscopy tomorrow!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!! :( For nearly two days I have to go without delicious grilled chicken, fluffy scrambled eggs, warm cream of broccoli soup, juicy ground beef, moist lemon cheesecake, cozy mashed cauliflower... the works!!! DARN!!! How long does a young woman on the SCD have to wait till she can sink her teeth into some hearty food?! My E.T.F. (estimated time of flush) is 3:15 p.m. tomorrow. Immediately afterwards, I have a date with my refrigerator. :D Until then, I shall cherish the liquid gold that I am allowed to enjoy. Thanks for helping me cook up a boatload of broth, mom!!!! :) 


Wish me luck, I'm a little nervous about the procedure. :/ The prep solution was nothing short of a nightmare disguised as a fluid. YUCK!!!! But then again, this colonoscopy is only a speed-bump. Once this is over with, I'll continue to do what I was doing before: eat healthily & feel phenomenal. Besides, I know what I ate that derailed me & caused this catastrophe in the first place... Oh wait, let me back up for a second. This is the end of my story, I left out the beginning & the middle. An over-abundance (oopsies, I thought it would be okay!!) of cheese sent me to the hospital with severe abdominal pain & chronic "d" (do the math) about a week ago. After a fickle IV injection, two gigantic cups of contrast, three painful hours of waiting, a life-sucking bright light in the hospital room, & a disappointing diagnosis from the CT scan, we were heading home at 2:30 a.m. with a large cloud lingering above our heads; was this a Crohn's flare-up? Does an inflamed small intestine mean Crohn's Disease? How will this change our lives? :( My mind was spinning, my heart quickly sinking. I didn't even know how to react. Honestly, I was scared beyond words. All I knew to do was cry. Given my history, I assumed it really was a Crohn's flare-up. Forgive me, I do not mean to sound pessimistic. I just know my body too well. Eager for answers, we contacted my endocrinologist for a GI recommendation. The spirits were on my side when we got through to the GI; an appointment was available the very next morning!!!!! He was convinced it's Crohn's Disease but scheduled a colonoscopy as verification. So here I am, anxiously waiting for the end of the tunnel to appear. 


Whether it brings light or darkness, I know I will be okay. I'm on the proper diet for Crohn's so as long as I remain a strong adherent of the SCD, nothing but great wellness should lie in my future. I must stay positive. :) Well I believe that's all for tonight. The tiredness of a liquid diet seems to be hitting me. Goodnight, foodies. Dream of the gourmet SCD lemon cheesecake. ;) <3        

No comments:

Post a Comment