Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Yummy in my Tummy

I. LOVE. Food. Yes, yes I do. :) 


This has only been true since I started the SCD diet, mind you. I excitedly hop out of bed every morning, dart downstairs to the kitchen, & immediately toss some foods together to create a gourmet breakfast SCD-style. Several hours later (I try to wait about 5 hours before my next meal, if I can help it), I indulge in a scrumptiously delicious homemade lunch as well. Then I proceed to cook up an incredibly tasty dinner before the closing of the day. MMM, mmm, great!!! For the first time in my life, I have the freedom to enjoy 3 hefty meals 7 days a week. NO regrets! UNBELIEVABLE!! :) Anyway, enough of that! In lieu of a recipe today, I have decided to list off all the foods/spices I am currently eating with only minor speed-bumps. I figured it may spark a few recipe ideas for those struggling to create magic in the kitchen. Remember that I've been on the diet now for nearly 5 months so some of these foods might not be tolerable for you if you're a beginner.


Foods I currently indulge in on a regular basis 

  • Chicken
  • Beef
  • Eggs
  • Artichoke
  • Broccoli
  • Asparagus
  • Cauliflower
  • Farmer's Cheese (DCCC)
  • Almond butter (sparingly or constipation will set in)
  • Cheddar cheese/Swiss cheese aged AT LEAST 90 days to kill off all lactose (sparingly or constipation will set in)
  • Zucchini
  • Bananas (in moderation for low-carb followers)
  • Pears (in moderation for low-carb followers) 
  • Shrimp
  • Pork Tenderloin 
  • Salmon
  • Sardines
  • Tuna 
  • Lemon juice
  • Lime juice
  • Garlic
  • Cilantro
  • Carrots (in moderation for low-carb followers)
  • Butter
  • Olive oil
  • Honey 
  • Himalayan Pink Salt
  • Onions (used in soup for nutrients & flavor then discarded)
  • Parsley (used in soup for nutrients & flavor then discarded) 
  • Homemade Yogurt
  • Mushrooms 
  • Cinnamon 
  • Ground pepper
  • Yellow Mustard 
WOW!!!! That is a TON of foods!!!! I'm taking in a nice variety of foods now & I couldn't be happier!!!! :) Patience is key. Moderation, too!!! Not too many carbs or problems will occur. Not too much protein or kidney stones will come your way. YIKES!!!! Look out for more enticing recipes, foodies!! I'm off to read my psych & art books. :) 
Lots of love & healthy living, 
Allie 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment